Senior Project Manager
JCP Construction, LLC is committed to employing a workforce that reflects the community we serve. We bring more than 40 years of combined experience to every project and provide an array of services including pre-construction, general contracting and construction management. We focus on self-performing selective demolition, cast-in-place concrete and carpentry projects. Additionally, JCP has been a part of some of the most recognized projects in Wisconsin, including the Milwaukee Bucks Arena, Milwaukee Mitchell Airport and Northwestern Mutual to name a few.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for overall management direction to multiple construction projects (plans, budgets, schedules, organizes, and controls assigned projects). Maintains close contact with clients, monitors construction and financial activities to ensure proper project completion. This position may be on-site manager for large, complex projects. The PM should lead by example and uphold the mission and values of JCP.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Oversee and provide guidance on projects to junior Project Managers and staff.
- Work with superintendents and foremen to plan, organize and direct activities related to construction projects.
- Lead and/or assist with estimating potential projects
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications. Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on‐site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Procure supplies and materials to complete project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
- Update JCP job reports including work progress, costs and scheduling updates.
- Work with field operations to assign workers to construction sites to work on specified projects.
- Proactively develop relationships with the subcontractor community.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the aforementioned functions.
Job Control and Execution
- Ensure that every project is managed to maximize customer satisfaction
- Ensure project quality control plan is in effect and followed
- Ensure punch list is completed to the customer’s satisfaction
- Submit project change orders to clients within a week of request
- Complete and distribute meeting minutes with 72 hours progress meetings
- Return all calls and e‐mails within 24hrs
- Prepare, complete and submit O&M manuals to clients within 30 days of substantial completion
- Complete WIP reports within scheduled timeframe
- Ensure job processes are followed in accordance with policy
- Proactively monitor the progress of the project through updated schedules
- Assist the project staff in resolving scope problems with subcontractors
- Review and ensure that the safety plan is in place prior to starting work
- Ensure that the field staff is administrating the safety plan
- Submit projects for industry awards as appropriate
- Must possess a BS/BA in construction management
- Must possess a minimum of 15 years of construction management experience or comparable skills in a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must know Microsoft Office and Project
- Must be self‐motivated and punctual
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech
Compensation and Benefits
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference CIRCUIT a|e|c|re in your cover letter.