Project Engineer II
Pepper is breaking ground in the construction industry with new ideas and bold action. As a family-owned and operated company since 1927, we take building personally; our work is backed by unchanging values and people-focused ethics. We bring the power of tried and true methods, paired with the top cutting-edge technical innovations, to be a leader in our industry. Pepper believes in supporting every employee, through competitive benefits, engaging training opportunities, and growth opportunities. Come join a company that strives to better our employees and better the communities we are building.
We are looking for a Project Engineer II to join our brand-new Milwaukee, Wisconsin office. The Project Engineer personnel is responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout.
Safety is the number one priority at Pepper Construction and Project Engineer personnel are expected to promote and exemplify safe work practices. Project Engineer personnel are expected to work with people in all levels of Project Management and Field Supervision to establish operational priorities and ensure a quality project.
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs with the support and direction from a Project Executive or Senior Manager.
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project Budgets with the support and direction from a Project Executive.
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation.
- Ability to utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation.
- Perform following duties with support and direction from a Project Executive
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts.
- Plan and schedule projects.
- Manage jobs in progress including subcontractor coordination, conflict resolution, documentation and ensuring quality and safety on every job.
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion.
- Perform project closeout.
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork. Communicate effectively; both written and verbal with support and direction from a Project Executive or other Senior Management.
- Interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work.
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews; negotiate and secure new business under direct and close supervision.
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in construction field
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail oriented
Pepper Construction Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://pepper.criterionhcm.com/jobs/85/1#/53
Please reference CIRCUIT a|e|c|re in your cover letter.