Pepper is breaking ground in the construction industry with new ideas and bold action. As a family-owned and operated company since 1927, we take building personally; our work is backed by unchanging values and people-focused ethics. We bring the power of tried and true methods, paired with the top cutting-edge technical innovations, to be a leader in our industry. Pepper believes in supporting every employee, through competitive benefits, engaging training opportunities, and growth opportunities. Come join a company that strives to better our employees and better the communities we are building.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our brand-new Milwaukee, Wisconsin office. This position provides a growth opportunity for a Project Manager to have ownership on a variety of projects, while mentoring our junior level staff.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout. Exemplary safety, relationship building, quality, and leadership skills are a requirement.
- Work with Field Supervision and Project Management to establish operation priorities and ensure safety and quality on every project
- Ensure customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Estimate, value engineer and develop project budgets
- Facilitate the subcontractor bid process to include processing, distribution and tracking of all project bidding documentation
- Ability to utilize software programs and templates to process, distribute and track all project documentation
- Negotiate subcontractor and material buyout; develop and negotiate subcontracts
- Plan and schedule projects
- Manage jobs in progress including subcontractor coordination, conflict resolution and documentation
- Mange project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment; continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion
- Perform project closeout
- Capable of managing projects $20-$50 million in size
- Provide leadership through building relationships, motivating others, providing clear direction, and cooperative teamwork
- Communicate effectively; both written and verbal
- Provide training and serve as a mentor to less experienced personnel
- Interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews
- Negotiate and secure new business
- B.S. in Construction Engineering or related technical area
- 7-12+ years related experience
- Experience in the following markets is preferred: healthcare, education, mixed use residential, institutional
- A high level of communication and interpersonal skills is required.
- This role will be based at our beautiful, new Milwaukee, WI office.
How to Apply
Please apply at: https://pepper.criterionhcm.com/jobs/85/1#/52
Please reference CIRCUIT a|e|c|re in your cover letter.