VJS Construction Services (formerly Voss Jorgensen Schueler) is one of Wisconsin’s top ten developers, general contractors, construction managers, and design builders for senior living, education, corporate office, luxury condominiums, manufacturing, retail, medical, religious, and government projects. Our long track record of success is be seen in our body of work throughout Southeastern Wisconsin.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will oversee all facets of projects including the physical construction, schedule, required reports, financial aspects as well as interacting with architects, subcontractors and Owners.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Evaluate the "scope of work" of the project while ensuring mutual compliance with the contract documents.
- Assist and advise the estimating group on vendor and subcontractor procurement to ensure a clear definition of the scope of work in each purchase order or subcontract.
- Obtain permits.
- Assist the Project Superintendent, Assistant Project Manager in creating a detailed construction plan and a project schedule.
- Monitor construction schedule.
- Attend, chair, and record required meetings.
- Manage the submittal process operation and drawing/specification control system.
- Expedite major material and equipment.
- Price, negotiate, and collect change orders and extra work. (Major changes may require estimating assistance.)
- Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of Assistant Project Manager and on-site Superintendent to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget; investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Responsible for all project dealings and relationships with the Architect/Engineer and Client/Owner.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (fee payment, change order processing, invoicing and payments) to protect company's interest and maintain good relationship with client.
- Give final approval of methods, procedures, and schedules used on a project.
- Accurate project reporting and documentation, including Monthly Project Status Report, to ensure adequate schedule and financial control.
- Manage and monitor monthly invoicing. Efficiently complete project closeout.
- Maintain goodwill and develop new business opportunities relative to a client or group of clients.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by Senior Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture
- Five plus years experience in the with a general contractor, design-builder or construction manager
- Knowledge of construction methods and materials, costing, scheduling and estimating
- Good computer skills, interpersonal and communication skills-- Microsoft Office, ProCore and Viewpoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
VJS offers a competitive salary, benefits package and a culture that can't be matched.
How to Apply
Send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com
Please reference CIRCUIT a|e|c|re in your cover letter.